All the SCCM and Intune administrators out there! Now deploying a store app to your windows 10 machines in an organization has become simple and quite interesting. Now you can simply integrate your Windows Business Store with your MDM solution. From there you can synchronize the apps from your store to your MDM solution.
How it works:
There are some steps which we need to perform to implement this solution:
- Integrate Windows Store with MDM:
To implement this solution, you need to integrate your windows store with your current MDM solution (Intune or Intune/SCCM Hybrid).
If you have SCCM running in your environment, make sure that the version is 1606 or higher. Also, you need to have Azure AD app as a management tool in the Windows Store for Business. This will create a link between the Azure AD app and the Windows Store for Business, which will allow us to connect SCCM to the Windows Store for Business.
- Add store apps to your inventory:
You can add any app you want to your windows store inventory. Once you add the app in store it will be synced to your Intune or SCCM environment by management tool.
The Windows Store for Business supports two types of licensed app:
- Online – This license type requires users and devices to connect to the Windows Store for Business to get an app and its license. It requires Windows 10 devices to be Azure AD domain-joined;
- Offline – This license type enables organizations to cache apps and licenses to deploy them directly within their on-premises network, without connecting to the Windows Store for Business or having a connection to the Internet.
Note: At this moment, there is no support for paid apps from the Windows Store for Business.
- Create apps in Intune or SCCM:
Once the app is synced to the MDM, you can create it just like iOS and android apps and deploy either to a device or user collection.
How this solution impacts your business:
This is a great solution to overcome the problem of deploying thin clients (store apps) to your windows machines. Earlier there wasn’t a possible way to manage the deployment of store